Case study: The Works
Moving to a new head office and incorporating the logistics operation for website sales.
The Works, one of the UK’s leading value retailers for gifts, art and craft materials, hobbies, stationery, toys and books, were moving to a new head office that also involved incorporating the logistics operation for their website sales. As part of this, they realised the importance of having the right vending solution in place. The new offices were in an industrial area without access to coffee shops.
Following a tender process, they chose Selecta to support them with this.
The starting point for Selecta was to fully understand The Works’ requirements. Procurement Manager, Mark Haywood, explained to the team at Selecta that a coffee offer was essential to decisions when it came to setting up the interior of the buildings.
Mark was keen to seek a solution that would work for different areas of his building, without compromising on quality, and with as little hassle as possible.
With a staff and distribution team of over 300 during peak trading periods, removing ‘bottle necks’ at break times was held a high consideration. High vend speed and machine reliability were therefore important factors in the recommendation.
Having establishing the specific needs and challenges of The Works’ move, Selecta recommended a range of machine types, products and staff payment methods to suit both management and staff requirements.
Products to suit every area of the building
As different areas of the building had distinct requirements, Selecta provided a variety of machines and products to meet the requirements.
- In reception, a Ferrara machine with classic bean to cup coffee and a fridge integrated underneath the counter.
- For the large staff meeting area, a Starbucks on the go self-service solution.
- On the top floor with meeting rooms and directors offices, a Ferrara machine with high quality bean to cup coffee.
- In the main logistics area canteen, 2 miofino branded freestanding hot drink machines, 1 cold drink machine and 1 snack machine. To blend in with the aesthetics of the room, a purpose-built housing unit was also created.
Staff payment options
For the machines in the canteen, different payment options were provided.
- A closed-loop system for hot drinks allowed staff to have a number of free drinks per day, with option to pay for more.
- Cashless card readers for cold drinks and snacks.
Convenient installation and service
To make the installation, cleaning and maintenance as easy as possible for The Works, Selecta were able to provide a fully-managed service which includes same day call-outs for issues or breakdowns. All machines were installed on a Friday afternoon, The Works’ quietest time of the week, which minimised disruption.
A motivated and engaged workforce
The Works have noted a really positive reaction from staff, clients and customers.
- Increased levels of staff engagement and morale.
- Employees spending less time offsite.
- Great feedback from visitors.
The find out how we could help your business Get in touch