New 5p and 10p coins: Selecta can help upgrade your machines
Selecta can help upgrade your vending machines to accept the new 5p and 10p coins.<<
The new 5p and 10p coins will not be accepted by vending machines, but with a simple upgrade Selecta can help you prepare for the new coins.
Royal Mint are issuing new 5p and 10p coins this year which are 10% thicker than before and manufactured from different materials. The new coins will not be accepted by vending machines without an upgrade to the coin mechanism. The new coins are expected to be in 10% circulation by the end of 2012.
Selecta can help you upgrade your existing vending machine coin mechanisms. Email us at email@example.com for more information or to book an appointment.
What’s changed with the new coins?
- The old 5p piece is 1.7mm thick, 18mm in diameter and 3.25g in weight; the old 10p piece is 1.85mm tick, 24.5mm in diameter and 5.6g in weight
- Both coins are made of a copper / nickel alloy
- Both coins work in old and new coin mechanisms
- Both new coins are 10% thicker than before and are made of nickel-plated steel
- The coins may not work in old coin mechanisms, but will work in new ones
To upgrade your vending machine coin mechanisms, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.